The Seoul Train

...me bravoing my life...




Saturday afternoon post before newspaper and coffee


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This picture is not very flattering but it makes me laugh every time I see it. This is right before Natsko embarrassed me the racing video game. I blame it on me not being Japanese and choosing the wrong car to race with. I should probably add general video game ineptitude to the list of reasons why I lost.
So, I am back from Japan. All in all it was a wonderful trip. I was able to make it to the hot springs that I planned on attending. I love rotating through the various baths: luke warm to the sauna to the ice bath to the nearly scalding bath and then over and over again. The numbing feeling one gets from the ice bath is truly a unique feeling for the human body. Each time after exiting the springs I was so relaxed that I had difficulty holding my own in benign conversation.
I was able to meet up with my friends in Japan. I spent all my time with either Etsuko, Natsko or Andy- all acquaintances I had previously met in Fukuoka or Kokuro City. I also met some new friends, mostly foreigners, from various walks of life. I return from Japan hoping that I will one day have the opportunity to live in Japan and study the language. Every time I travel there I am more and more impressed with the culture and its people.

I stayed in last night because I was feeling a little sick and exhausted from the week. Today I will meet Mili and later watch the Liverpool vs. Manchester United game with Seb and Siamak.

Additionally, Nick M. from Carleton- currently living in Beijing- has invited me to the Jejudo frisbee tournament at the end of April. I will be playing with the Beijing Ultimate team, a team that I traveled to Hong Kong with during my studies at Nankai University during college. It will be great to see him and other long lost friends again.


0 Responses to “Saturday afternoon post before newspaper and coffee”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3