The Seoul Train

...me bravoing my life...




관명시 memories live on


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The following series of pictures provides little insight as to how the actual night went down. I tried to upload a video but after repeated attempts I abandoned the enterprise and returned to the keyboard with a reaffirmed feeling of general computer ignorance. I hope at some point that video will make it onto the blog. It certainly captured the spontaneity and odd humor of that late spring night. It is a great minute long clip because it makes Seoul night life nearly palpable. But until I read more on blogging all you get is a poor description in small font. So, bars and beers and bundles of dead-ended, language barriered conversation topics were eventually translated into more beer, 할라버지 hip-hop club, and a lot of Korean food at a very early hour in the morning. I believe 하안동 came back into to view well after sunrise...

Miles, you look so very absorbed in thought! What is it that you were mulling over as this picture went off? Please let us peer behind that stoic pose, allow us in on the mystery of your thought process. Provide us all with a convincing explanation that irrationality does not indeed dwell behind those silly looking bangs... I can safely say nothing grand is straining the gears at this point. Only general tribulations of the night occupy my concern. As this picture went off I believe I was pondering why the shoes off club is so utterly unexciting whenever we bring people to it. "Of course I know of a place to go in 홍대" and then I defend it, hype it up... "yeah. its really chill, low key, hip music..." and then we get there and the DJs working the bar. Consequently no one is dancing. Not that there were enough people present that night to dance but... The serious look plastered across my face should hint at frustration. Frustration over something that has happened in the past hour and a half. I cannot recall exactly what the miscommunication was but they never really matter anyway. It should be noted that we are hanging out with the two most indecisive and apathetic Korean women of all time. There English is as good as my German and at this point my Korean was about as good as Joe Sutherland's Chinese. The following is probably, once again, bouncing around in my head..."it doesn't look like they are having too much fun", "but she said she 'wanted what I want'...she always says that shit...what the fuck does that mean anyway", "have we had dinner yet? didn't I tell them we were going to a restaurant?...", "why is damian drinking my drink", "yep, there she goes again. 해미 stop making fun of my fucken shirt. again. well, at least its not my shirt...where the hell are we going after this?" And without further ado I bring you...

the integral members of team 철산. 해미 and 은빈 pause for a picture they didn't want taken.

Nice hat. I should have bought it.
Oh? What was that? You don't you think so? If you were in Korea we would resolve this the way my students do. Kai-bai-bo style. This game is stunningly effective at resolving every possible conflict that arises in the classroom. Fuck conflict resolution and counting to ten. Kai-bai-bo it, bitch. So Fred hit you with ring bound notebook? Kai-bai-bo. You both want to take the test books to the 원장실? Kai-bai-bo. Who gets to be first in line? Kai-bai-bo. Students don't want to study, insist on playing a game and teacher has no other recourse but to...you got it, Kai-bai-bo. (It is difficult to explain to the boss, when she happens to walk in after I have lost the farm on Kai-bai-bo, why Miles teacher is playing games instead of harping to the students about correct vowel pronunciation.) I have my suspicions that within even the most prestigious Cheabol the board members break it down Kai-bai-bo style when push comes to shove. Are we going to merge with LG Telecom? Is everybody present? Ok, Kai-bai...
Since I suspect my readership lives abroad lets settle this the democratic way. A vote. Of sorts. Rate the hat on the man. Not just the hat and certainly not just the man. I don't know if I could take the brutal truth slopped all over the internet. No silly number scales will be used. Just type a sentence or so with your distilled opinion.

Caught in a blur but not yet blurred by the night. Yet. 은빈 and Damian turn and present the standard Korean picture pose.


1 Responses to “관명시 memories live on”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You define beauty Mcdonough- track that vender down and buy at least two!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3